关于草原风景的英语美文
学生通过大量的经典美文阅读能够开阔自己的视野,通过经典的美文阅读可以增加文化积淀和思想内涵,通过经典美文导读可以陶冶情操,提高素养。学习啦小编分享关于草原风景的英语美文,希望可以帮助大家!
关于草原风景的英语美文:草原上的家
学习啦在线学习网 At Home in the Savanna
学习啦在线学习网 My name is Dopal. I’m eleven years old and I live in Tanzania, in the heart of the African savanna. I’m a Masai. Masais are nomads who travel all over with their animals, looking for pasture. Our most wonderful and valuable possession is our herd.
学习啦在线学习网 I’ve never been to school. My father teaches me everything I have to know. He explains to me how to lead our herd. My own animals are in the middle of the herd. Every Masai gets a cow, a lamb, and a goat the day he’s born. Our most beautiful goat belongs to my father. Her name is Olliye. I love her, even though she’s not always easy to handle.
Olliye is going to have a baby very soon. My father knows Olliye is my favorite, but he always reminds me that we must love all our animals as if they were our children. My father knows all about nature. He shows me some cheetah tracks. Our herds have lots of predators like hyenas, lions, and leopards. A Masai has to be ready to risk his life for his herd. A shepherd must always listen for different sounds and watch to make sure the animals walking behind don’t get lost.
All Masais have their own animals, even the girls. They become their dowry when they get married. The animals are also used in trade for food in the market. My people have always been shepherds. We’re not farmers. For us, the earth is sacred, and we mustn’t hurt it by planting things.
Like all boys, I dream of becoming a warrior. A warrior has to be strong and intelligent. He’s the one who defends the herd against wild beasts. He sometimes travels long distances to bring back lost animals, and he also watches over our safety. Masais go through three stages: childhood, warrior, and elder. I’ll be a warrior from thirteen to twenty-five years old, before I become an elder like my father. Then I can get married and have children.
我叫多培尔,十一岁了,住在坦桑尼亚热带草原的中心。我是马赛人。马赛人是赶着牧群四处寻找牧地的游牧民族。我们最宝贵的财产就是我们的牧群。
我从没上过学。我爸爸教会我所应该知道的一切。他告诉我怎样引导牧群。我自己的牲口在牧群中间。每个马赛人在出生的那天都会得到一只母牛、羊羔或山羊。我们最漂亮的一只母山羊就是我爸爸的。它叫奥莱亚。我喜欢它,虽然它有时候不太听指挥。奥莱亚很快就要当妈妈了。爸爸知道我最喜欢奥莱亚,他总是提醒我说我们要爱护所有的动物,就好像爱护自己的孩子一样。我爸爸知道自然界的一切事情。他教我看豹子留下的踪迹。我们的牧群有许多天敌,如鬣狗、狮子和美洲豹。马赛人要时刻准备着为牧群而牺牲。放牧人必须时刻留神着各种声音,并看管好跟在身后的牧群,保证没有一只丢失。
学习啦在线学习网 所有的马赛人都有自己的牲口,女孩也有。她们结婚时,牲口就成了她们的嫁妆。牲口还可以用来在市场上换食物。我的族人都是牧人,没有农夫。在我们眼里,土地是神圣的,不可以在上面种植东西伤害它。
和所有的男孩一样,我梦想成为一名武士。武士必须强壮而机智。他守卫牧群不受野兽的袭击。有时他会跋涉遥远的路程找回失散的牲口,他还保卫着人们的安全。马赛人一生有三个阶段:儿童时代、武士时代和成年时代。从十三岁到二十五岁这段期间,我会成为一名武士,然后成为像爸爸一样的成人。然后我就结婚生孩子。
看了“关于草原风景的英语美文”后,学习啦小编分享“Night on the Prairies”!
Night on the Prairies
草原之夜
学习啦在线学习网 by Walt Whitman
学习啦在线学习网 瓦尔特·惠特曼
Night on the prairies,
草原的夜晚,
学习啦在线学习网 The supper is over, the fire on the ground burns low,
晚餐过了,活在地上轻轻的燃烧,
The wearied emigrants sleep, wrapt in their blankets;
学习啦在线学习网 疲倦了的牧民过着他们的毯子睡着了,
学习啦在线学习网 I walk by myself--I stand and look at the stars,
我独自散步---我站着观望星星。
which I think nownever realized before.
学习啦在线学习网 那些我以前从没有注意过的星星。
Now I absorb immortality and peace,
现在我想着永生与和平,
I admire death and test propositions.
学习啦在线学习网 我羡慕死亡,我思考各种问题。
学习啦在线学习网 How plenteous! how spiritual! how resume!
多么丰饶!多么高尚!多么简明哟!
学习啦在线学习网 The same old man and soul--the same old aspirations, and the same content.
同样的一个老人和灵魂——同样的旧有的渴望,同样的满足。
学习啦在线学习网 I was thinking the day most splendid till I saw what the not-day exhibited,
直到我看见非白天所展示的一切,我一直以为白天最为光辉灿烂,
I was thinking this globe enough till there sprang out so noiseless around me myriads of otherglobes.
直到在我的周围无声地涌现出千万个其他的地球,我一直以为这个地球已经很足够。
Now while the great thoughts of space and eternity fill me I will measure myself by them,
学习啦在线学习网 现在空间和永恒的伟大思想己充满了我,我要以它们来测量我自己,
And now touch'd with the lives of other globes arrived as far along as those of the earth,
现在我接触到别的星球的生命,这生命跟大地上的生命一样来自遥远的地方,
Or waiting to arrive, or pass'd on farther than those of the earth,
学习啦在线学习网 或是将要来到,或是已经超过了大地上的生命,
学习啦在线学习网 I henceforth no more ignore them than I ignore my own life,
此后我将不再漠视它们,正如我不漠视我自己的生命,
学习啦在线学习网 Or the lives of the earth arrived as far as mine, or waiting to arrive.
学习啦在线学习网 或者那些在大地上跟我一样进展的,或将要来到的生命。
O I see now that life cannot exhibit all to me, as the day cannot,
学习啦在线学习网 啊,我现在看出生命不能向我展示出所有的一切,白天也不能展示出所有的一切,
学习啦在线学习网 I see that I am to wait for what will be exhibited by death.
学习啦在线学习网 我看出我得等待那将由死展示出来的东西。
看了“关于草原风景的英语美文”的人还看了: