学习啦>学习英语>英语口语>

英语口译人员需要准备的事情

时间: 美婷1257 分享

  当你想要成为一名优秀的英语翻译人员的时候,当你全力以赴备考翻译考试的时候,你是不是也会偶尔迷茫不知道该准备哪些事情呢?接下来,小编给大家准备了英语口译人员需要准备的事情,欢迎大家参考与借鉴。

  英语口译人员需要准备的事情

  1. Read extensively, especially in your non-native language(s).

  广泛阅读,尤其是非母语类阅读。

学习啦在线学习网   Read high quality newspapers (e.g. the New York Times, Wall Street Journal) EVERY DAY for at least a year.

  每天阅读优质报纸(例如:《纽约时报》、《华尔街日报》),并且至少坚持一年。

  Read high quality news magazines , cover to cover.

  一页一页地阅读优质新闻杂志。

学习啦在线学习网   Read your favorite topics in your non-native language(s).

  阅读非母语类的你最感兴趣的话题。

学习啦在线学习网   Read other well-written material that will help broaden your general knowledge.

学习啦在线学习网   阅读其他能够拓展你知识面的优秀资料。

  2. Watch the TV news and listen to radio news and podcasts on current events in all working languages.

  收看收听所有工作语言的最新时事电视新闻、广播新闻和播客。

  Don’t just listen to news stories; analyze them.

  别只听新闻内容,还要有所分析。

  Keep abreast of current events and issues.

学习啦在线学习网   随时了解最新时事和问题。

  Record news programs and interviews so you can listen to them later.

  录下新闻节目和访谈,以便日后细听。

  3. Live in a country where your non-native language is spoken.

  在非母语的国家生活。

  A stay of at least six months to a year is recommended.

  推荐至少呆上半年至一年时间。

  Live with and/or frequently interact with native speakers of your non-native language.

  与母语为你的非母语的人生活,或者经常跟他们进行交流。

  Take content-related courses (e.g. macroeconomics, political science) in your non-native language (not just pure language courses).

  参加非母语类相关内容的课程(例如:宏观经济学、政治学),而不是纯语言类的课程。

  Work in a setting that requires high level use of your non-native language.

  在严格要求使用非母语的环境中工作。

  4. Strengthen your general knowledge of economics, history, the law, international politics, and scientific concepts and principles (in that order).

学习啦在线学习网   强化你在经济、历史、法律、国际政治以及科学概念和原理方面的知识(按此顺序)。

  Take college-level courses, review high school texts, etc.

  学习大学级别的课程,复习高中课文等。

  Strengthen your knowledge in a specialized field (preferably in a technical field, such as computers).

  加强你在某一专业领域的知识(尤其是科技领域,比如计算机)。

  5. Fine-tune your writing and research skills.

学习啦在线学习网   训练你的写作和研究技能。

  Take challenging composition courses (not just creative writing courses, but classes in journalism, technical writing, etc.) so you can “speak”journalese, UNese, legalese, etc.

  参加有挑战性的写作课(不是那种纯粹的创新写作课程,而是关于新闻写作、科技类写作的课程),这样你才能了解新闻文体、联合国文体、法律文体等等。

  Copy (by hand) sections of textbooks and periodicals in your non-native language(s).

学习啦在线学习网   用非母语手写抄下课本的节选和期刊的文摘。

  Make a note of unfamiliar or troublesome grammatical points and work towards mastering them.

  列出不熟悉或难搞定的语法点,然后努力攻克它们。

学习啦在线学习网   Practice proofreading.

  练习纠错能力。

  6. Improve your public speaking skills.

  提高你的公开演讲能力。

  Take rigorous speech courses.

  参加严格的演讲课程。

  Practice writing and making presentations in front of other people in both your native and foreign language(s). (Have native speakers of your non-native language edit your speeches.)

  用母语和外语在他人面前练习写作和演讲。请将你正在学习语言的作为母语的人纠正你的演讲。

  7. Hone your analytical skills.

  磨练你的分析能力。

  Practice listening to speeches and orally summarizing the main points.

学习啦在线学习网   练习收听演讲并口头概括要点。

学习啦在线学习网   Practice writing summaries of news articles.

  练习提炼新闻文章的要点。

学习啦在线学习网   Practice decipheringdifficult texts (e.g. philosophy, law, etc.).

  练习分析艰涩文章(例如:哲学、法律等等)。

学习啦在线学习网   Practice explaining complicated concepts understandably.

  练习明确阐述复杂概念。

学习啦在线学习网   Identify resources for background research (e.g. library, Internet, etc.).

  找出基础研究的资料来源。(例如:图书馆、网络等等)。

学习啦在线学习网   8. Become computer savvy.

  做电脑达人。

  Familiarize yourself with navigation and file management under current Windows operating systems (most of the software tools used in the localization industry today are not compatible with the Apple operating system).

  熟悉最新Windows操作系统中的导航功能和文件管理。目前,大部分本地化产业所使用的软件工具都无法与苹果操作系统相媲美。

学习啦在线学习网   Develop an understanding of the features Windows offers for multilingual processing, such as language-specific keyboard layouts, regional settings for units of measurement.

  了解Windows多语言处理的功能特征,例如特定语言的键盘布局、测量单位的区域设置。

  Learn to use advanced functions of Word, Excel, and other Microsoft Office applications in both your native and non-native languages.

学习啦在线学习网   学会用母语和非母语使用Word、Excel以及其他办公软件的高级功能。

  Become an expert in search engines and online research by using these tools on a daily basis.

  通过每天使用上述工具成为搜索和网络调查方面的能手。

  9. Learn how to take care of yourself.

学习啦在线学习网   学会照顾好自己。

  Eat sensibly, exercise regularly, and get sufficientsleep. These are all habits required of a good translator/interpreter.

学习啦在线学习网   理性饮食、规律运动并保证睡眠充足。以上都是成为优秀笔译员/口译员的必备习惯。

  10. Be prepared for lifelong learning.

  做好终生学习的准备。

学习啦在线学习网   Be patient. Bringing your language skills and analytical skills up to the level required of a professional translator or interpreter is not a task that can be accomplished in a few short years. Only with a lot of sustained hard work can anyone truly succeed in these challenging and exciting fields.

  要耐心。专业笔译员或口译员的语言技能和分析能力并非一两年就能达到的。只有付出持之以恒的辛勤努力,你才能在这些既充满挑战又令人兴奋的领域里获得成功。



相关文章:

1.翻译工作的个人心得体会总结

2.

3.英语小故事带翻译:你要去哪里啊

4.二人英语情景对话带翻译阅读

5.英语翻译实习体会

6.英语翻译面试题目及参考答案

英语口译人员需要准备的事情

当你想要成为一名优秀的英语翻译人员的时候,当你全力以赴备考翻译考试的时候,你是不是也会偶尔迷茫不知道该准备哪些事情呢?接下来,小编给大家准备了英语口译人员需要准备的事情,欢迎大家参考与借鉴。 英语口译人员需要准备的事情 1.
推荐度:
点击下载文档文档为doc格式

精选文章

  • CATTI口译备考的记忆方法
    CATTI口译备考的记忆方法

    对于翻译人员来说,口译是经常出现的。考试或者实践中,记忆力的能力也关系着口译的成败。接下来,小编给大家准备了CATTI口译备考的记忆方法,欢迎大

  • 口译考场上的十要十不要
    口译考场上的十要十不要

    学习啦在线学习网备战英语口译考试,我们可能会遇到这样或那样的问题。当我们站在口译考场上的时候,就要整理好自己的思绪,调整好自己的心态。接下来,小编给大家

  • 英语口译笔译练习
    英语口译笔译练习

    学习啦在线学习网有些朋友想要成为一名翻译人员,那么他需要的准备工作有哪些呢?接下来,小编给大家准备了英语口译笔译练习,欢迎大家参考与借鉴。 英语口译笔译练习

  • 提高口语水平的方法
    提高口语水平的方法

    如何提高自己的口语水平?看一些口语书有用吗?这是在学习英语当中很多人都会遇到的困惑。接下来,小编给大家准备了提高口语水平的方法,欢迎大家参考

357080